Lion Forest

The story of the only self-proclaimed Lion of Lion Forest. It’s the law of the jungle out there. IF you can’t survive then you perish……

LION FOREST- OFFICIAL LOGO

LION FOREST- OFFICIAL LOGO
-TRADEMARK-

$$$$


About Me

My photo
Chingavanam ,Kottayam, Kerala, India., Kuwait
Confused Living describes me best. We are all toys in the hands of fate. But the logo signify my Majestic, Secure, Strong, Dominating self. Perfect significations for a corporate symbol, aren't they? Am I one of those? Probably secure, not so much the rest. But the animal's figure is closely anchored to my life. I am proud of both the logo and the name as the founder is originally me, I know what it stands for and therein lies the ‘tail’ of Whats In A Name!I’m from a town called Chingavanam in Kerala which is supposed to be God's Own Country. Brief about Chingavanam the ”Lion Forest” of Kerala. Chingavanam is located in Nattakom panchayat, Kottayam District. It is the biggest town in Nattakom panchayat which is the largest panchayat in kerala. Just 8 KM from Kottayam town & 8.5 KM Distance from Changanachery Town, it is away from the hustle & bustle of the cities. The place is about 8.5 km from Changanacherry on the Adoor -Kottayam MC Road. Legend has it that the name Chingavanam is derived from “Simhavanam”. Hence the name “LION FOREST”.It is near to Kurichi. Kurichi is 2.5 KM from Chingavanam- The Lion Forest of God's Own Country.

Friday, February 22, 2008

A Personal Statement About Me

MY PERSONAL STATEMENT
My name is Anand Rajan, and I am an Indian citizen currently residing in Kuwait. I did all my schooling in Kuwait till the 10th standard and completed high school & college education Kerala, India. I just wanted to write a few things that interests me in life to start with.
Kerala, my home state, is known as God’s own country on the world tourism map. (You can read about my home town – Chingavanam the “Lion Forest” in my older posting.) Kerala is also known for its unique architecture which aptly suits the climatic conditions and cultural heritage of God’s own country. It is a unique amalgam of external influences that are both foreign and Indian, in origin. The Southeast Asia and the Pacific Rim stretching upto China had the greatest impact on the style of architecture of Kerala.
The manifestation of external influences is evident in Kerala's architecture with its slopped roofs and all wood, coconut-frond thatched constructions. The 'Nalukettu' is flanked by out-houses and utility structures. The traditional houses of Keralities are built in accordance with the principles of 'Thatchushastra', the science of carpentry and 'Vaastushastra' the ancient Indian science of architecture. The Nalukettu is the traditional style of architecture of Kerala, wherein a house has a quadrangle in the centre. The traditional 'Nalukettu', barring the foundation and floor is made of carved and slotted wood and has a close resemblance to East Asian gabled and thatched structures. In later years, tiles replaced the coconut fronds. Originally the abode of the wealthy Brahmin and Nair families, this style of architecture has today become a status symbol among the well to do in Kerala. Nalukettu is evident in the traditional homes of the upper class homestead where customs and rituals were a part of life. The mansion is created using wood and tiles, central open courtyard and wondrous architecture. The interiors of the house are tastefully decorated with a wealth of antiques made from teak, sandalwood, mahogany etc.
As a little boy I was deeply attracted to my motherland’s architectural forms with its thatched or tiled roofs, antique wood carvings, artistic glamour and practical applicability making it a perfect combination of both beauty and practicality. My keen craving for the architectural knowledge spurred me on to pursue this love for Construction, Furniture and Interior Designing. I realized that in order to fulfill my future creative ambition, I need to gain theoretical/practical knowledge and vocational training in design, to complement my years of work experience.
What I lack is an understanding of the methodology of specific creative processes, to translate my unique artistic expressions. I decided to pursue my higher studies to meet the insufficiency of theoretical guidance. The program I chose in Interior Design is tailor-made to my individual aspiration and I can enhance and develop my knowledge and techniques. This wholly novel education system will be extremely nurturing to my professional development and will definitely be a turning point in my life and career.
I chose to do a program in Interior Design because I like painting and construction since childhood. I also earnestly yearn to create beautiful things on my own; and interior and exterior works to satisfy my imagination of spaces, materials and colour. To some extend I guess its ‘genealogy’. My inborn interest was cultivated by my father, who is a civil engineer by profession. He influenced me unconsciously since childhood and gradually gave me valuable knowledge in this field during my last 10 years of career. In fact, when I am engaged in what interests me, I never feel tired; instead I would feel motivated to press on and this to me is a very enriching experience.
After completing studies in Kerala, I landed back in Kuwait in 1997. I worked with an excellent precast company in Kuwait as a subcontractor engaged in precast unit installation and site works. The work experience from these projects made me very interested in new ideas in architecture and design from other countries. My experience for the past 10 years sparked my intention to study abroad, to learn more in-depth contemporary design concepts and techniques.
I have been working in Kuwait for the past 10 years. I am into business, working as a Civil Construction sub-contractor and have very good experience, knowledge, skill and dedication in Precast concrete Structural, Cladding and Architectural units erection and installation works, all sort of Interior and exterior works like Gypsum Partitions, False ceiling works, Plastering and Painting, Brick laying, Foam works, Reinforcement works, Conventional concrete works, Lighting works, Wood flooring, wood cabinet and paneling works etc. I have completed AutoCAD release 12 & 13 in 1996 and have good knowledge in interpreting Civil and Architectural drawings.
As a Sub-contractor for civil work and precast installation, I believe I gained excellent practical knowledge and understanding of architecture and construction. I am not satisfied with mere work experience, but would like to gain certified recognition as designing is not only a skill but also a combination of creativity and imagination which also needs nourishment from fine arts, material science and engineering. The working experience gained has heightened my interest in design and my desire to upgrade my skill sets.
As I was drawing to the end of this personal statement, I couldn’t help mentioning my other interest in life i.e. landscaping and gardening. I have been influenced by my mother’s deep interest and love of flowers and fauna from an early age. We have a huge landscaped garden in front of our house in Kerala but don’t know its condition as I haven’t been to Kerala for sometime. The landscaped design was done by me when I was actually 17 years old. So the art of landscaping attracted me deeply. I really feel interior designing, architecture and landscaping goes hand in hand and are closely inter-related.
I am good at sketching & drawing and I work with different mediums like pencils, water colour and oil as a hobby. I haven’t done any formal training in drawing too but it’s inborn. I started wood carving as a new past-time. I plan to start graduate school in this year hopefully if everything goes well this time as planned.
I really hope to get an accredited and recognized professional qualification to continue my business/professional career. So I’m off to a new country this year just like Columbus reached America not knowing what to expect. I’m ready to face the unexpected as my life is full of unexpected things. Not so happening but still with lots of happenings.
Everything in my life is just happening. I would like to continue writing about the happenings in my past, present and future but seriously don’t know where to start and what to write. I’m neither a writer nor a lecturer. so I just thought I’ll give a brief personal statement about me to give you a glimpse of my interests and future plans to start with and of course just to know me better. The story will continue ……….

Cheers,
Deepak

2 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Lion Forest!
Thanks for your posting and have a good weekend

LION FOREST said...

Hello Mr. David.
yes Thanks for visiting my blog too. I guess you are from Portugal as mentioned on your profile.You too have a good weekend.

CASH

Click here for Cash Making Power Sites

What is more important in Life?

Unbox Video Previews